June 28, 2009

Egg-Frying Days of Summer


I love the sunshine!!!!  

Egg-Frying Days of Summer: I made a wish that didn't come true


Today was a bit cloudy and not scorching hot- geesh!!!.  Thank goodness because I was getting real tired of these egg-frying, dog days of summer.  Speaking of dogs, I took them to the park and played Frisbee.  Well, everybody except for poor Roth, the golden retriever at the kennel, who hasn’t been himself lately.  He shows no interest in playing or even eating (2 things he usually enjoys.)  He used to show up all the younger pups and had a good amount of energy.  Oh, Roth… what a sweet creature.  The park isn’t the same without him.  I hope he gets better soon.  All the other dogs had fun though.  

I wore a tank top and let the sun kiss me enough to ease this wicked shoulder pain of mine.  As the dogs played and jumped up for the Frisbee, I felt like jumping up also.  I don’t know what is happening to me or what’s happening within me.  I keep having a sort of longing for “escape”.  I want to run like the dogs without leashes in the park.  I want to dance out in the open....  I want to be me but I don’t know if that would be okay.  

It’s funny how we make “pets” out of animals that could survive in the wild before we ever got hold of them.  I hope this weather stops by again tomorrow.  It’s nice to be able to breath a little bit without feeling like I’m eating fire!  

1 comment: