June 27, 2009

Shiny Things

I am starting this blog for many reasons... some personal, some experimental, and others without definition.  I have always wanted to write elegantly but would get distracted by the “shiny things” (that's what the master minds use to refer to the thousands of things that distract one from the current moment).  ha ha ....  I get distracted by “shiny things” like commercials with intentionally high volume,  little cute puppies that scream to be cared for and imaginary photographs of myself in far away places helping people... and creatures alike.


Today while getting dressed... I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw myself in a way that I have never seen myself before.  The music was blaring in the bathroom of course because that’s the way I like it.  That’s the way I roll....  Anyhow I couldn’t help but move in closer and closer to my reflection.  I stared myself in the eyes for what felt like eternity.  I watched my pupils as they dilated.  I noticed lines around my eyes for the first time. It felt like I was having a series of flashbacks.  All kinds of things surfaced and I suddenly was scared of my own reflection.  


Shiny Things: the door opens to a new journey 
Oh well, I turned the music up a bit louder and danced. Crazy!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment