October 08, 2009

Shape Shifting Roof-Top...

Another morning...  I woke up before the alarm sounded.  Another dark, quiet morning foreshadowed by yet another movie-like dream.  I lay my head down and the tape begins to roll.  There is no ticket line or purchase price.  There is not even the need to dress appropriately or put on shoes.  I just lie down and close my eyes.  Re-Run seems to have become the starlet of my midnight features.  Last night after all the lights went out, without noticing that I had fallen asleep...

I was standing on top of a roof. The shingles were aged and brittle laying out a pattern one could get lost in.  Re-Run was on the roof with me.  It was a well lit, perhaps full moon night with puffs of clouds in the sky.  We walked together on the never ending peak of the roof top.  There was an unspoken sense that we needed to stay on that straight line.  I looked down at either side descending at a gradual slant toward the ground below.  I noticed that the shingles had a brick-red tint to them.  When I picked my head back up, I saw Re-Run ahead of me, sitting gracefully.  Her eyes pierced mine.  At that moment, the roof tops all around me began to morph and shift shape until I was sliding on my belly away from her and toward the ground.  My heart began to beat so hard it produced a loud base sound that carried me more rapidly to the streets.  She was out of my sight and I was on the ground scared.
                                   
Shape Shifting Roof-Top: morphing 


With all that said...  I have never looked into it very much.  But this morning, I put my previous beliefs aside for a moment and googled “Dream Dictionary”.  My first keyword was roof.  It suggests that seeing a roof in your dream symbolizes a barrier between two states of consciousness and that you may be protecting your consciousness, mentality or beliefs.  To be on top of the roof symbolizes boundless success.  But falling off the roof suggests that you do not have a firm grip on your “advanced” position.  It does not mention anything about the roof morphing.  However it does point out that a leaking roof basically may mean that something is finally getting through to you or new information is revealing itself to you.

The dream and the suggested meaning of the things in the dream made me very happy to see Re-Run’s magestic face staring at me when I woke up today.





No comments:

Post a Comment