May 25, 2010

Homeward Bound


My whirlwind trip is coming to a close and it's time to head home. I found an ad online for a live-in caretaker at a ranch in Salado. John and Mary Anderson seem like nice people and I think I might be able to qualify for an internship at the local vet. 
thinking of you

Even though we've parted ways, I don't feel like I've been left. I feel solid. Here is this woman (Mei Ting) who picked me up and asked for nothing in return. She even helped me find the ranch in Salado and bought me a ticket home. When I asked her why, she said, "Because I can and when you can help someone, you always should." I owe her a great deal…maybe everything.

I wasn't sure I wanted to tell you everything that happened... so I'll just post a picture instead... It was our last night together and it was beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment