May 30, 2010

Starting Over

I'm starting to settle in here in Salado. Before I can move forward, though, I have to close that last door to the past. The lease is almost up on the apartment I left behind so I went to get my stuff. Everything was fine until I found that box that was stuffed under the bed.

Starting Over: Re-Run in a box

When I said goodbye to Re-Run, I put her things in a box and hid it away. I had forgotten all about it. Seeing these things now, she floods my memory. She was such a great companion and these were her favorite things. I considered tossing the box, but I think I'll hang onto it for a while.

I sent another letter to Kayla. Sometimes I don't know why I keep writing her. She never returns my letters. I am probably the furthest thing from her mind. Lately, she is the first thing I think of when I wake and the last thing when I lie down to sleep. Where are you, Kayla?

No comments:

Post a Comment