September 07, 2009

Snap, Capture, Pop

Seeing Marty has inspired me to pull out this old camera of Aunt Gaggy’s.  It’s small but heavy and still takes 35mm film.  Sure, I have a camera ap. on my fancy phone but this seems more appropriate in my search for a root system of my own. Like I have said before, I’m really not an artsy type.  I wouldn’t think of putting “photographer” on a business card or anything.  The funny thing is that when people see me with such a relic of a camera, they assume that I know more about it than I do. 
Snap, Capture, Pop: jon-michael the artist 


I do enjoy taking pictures with it and having to wait before seeing them.  There's just something more wondrous about the process of it than today’s typical digital-does-everything-for-you “process”.  It has become slightly therapeutic and perhaps gives me a peep hole into why artists become addicted to art.  It makes me think of Jon-Michael, my artsy baby brother... so misunderstood.  It must have been hard for him sometimes.  I realize that he is different than the over populated trendy artists who have also become very talented at marketing themselves.  He is attached to it like it is a baby without which life has no meaning.  It is not nearly the same as me “giving it a go” with this old 35mm.  I sure hope to visit with him soon.

I got some negatives back today....  here are a few from the first roll of Aunt Gaggy’s old camera.  HMMMM, I wonder what all that lady had up her sleeve.  Her gifts are ones that keep on giving.  


Snap, Capture, Pop: rain clouds?

Snap, Capture, Pop: coy


Snap, Capture, Pop: drying out





Snap, Capture, Pop: gun & rose
Snap, Capture, Pop: the door that leads up

Snap, Capture, Pop: sunset on the road


No comments:

Post a Comment