September 05, 2009

My Spirit Keeper

My Spirit Keeper: the view
Although I am certain that a thousand and one things happened today, there is one thing that trumps all of it.  Re-Run protected me!!!  We got a very angry canine in today.  I’m not sure what all she had gone through.  All I know is that she is the first dog to ever try and bite me.  She went a round with all the girls at work until I finally jumped in.  I thought I could win her over.  Man was I dead wrong.  The dog charged me while Re-Run was standing behind me.  Then before I knew it, Re-Run was in front of me growling with all her hair sticking up on her back.  The angry dog backed down and lied on her stomach whimpering.  I cannot get it out of my head.  After that, the gals and I were able to walk her back to a kennel.  No telling what she had gone through before meeting up with us.  She will get better in time I hope.  All day after that, it’s all we talked about.  I kept hugging Re-Run and she was getting up on her hind legs to hug me back.  I stuck close to her like glue.  To be honest, I was scared of an animal for the first time in my life.  I was truly frightened and if my Shawnodese, my Re-Run had not been there, it may have been a tragic turn in my future.

When I got back to the apartment, I finally did some research on the Spirit Keepers of the Medicine Wheel.  As it turns out, Shawnodese really is my Spirit Keeper according to my Birth Moon on the Wheel.  I remember some of what Kayla said about it.  But I could have sworn that Shawnodese was a wolf, not a coyote.  After some more research, I discovered that some tribes depicted it as a wolf and others as a coyote.  So I wasn’t completely malfunctioned in my memory.  I could go into extreme detail about all of this.  But that would take all night.  Let’s just say that it’s not silly at all like I thought it was when Kayla mentioned it in the past.  If you are interested, I suggest looking up stuff on working the Medicine Wheel.  I also know that there is a book by a man named Sun Bear that talks about this more extensively.  It’s another one of those given to me as a gift that I have hardly even opened.  Seriously, I should have been reading all these books years ago.  Better late than never I suppose.

On that note, I will step away from the computer screen and tend to my Protector, my companion, the keeper of my Spirit.  May tonight be full of rest!  I am thankful to Re-Run for her divine intervention.  I knew there was a special connection there. I am also thankful to everyone who has gifted books my way over the past decade.  The time has come for me to read them all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment