August 24, 2009

Exiting T.V. Land

Exiting T.V. Land: catching air
In an effort not to get sucked in by the tube, as Mom would say...  I stopped off at a different park where some kids skate sometimes.  It’s been a while since I have done that also... about as long as it has been since I watched T.V. for hours on end.  I have to say that watching a bunch of kids stubbornly try to catch air over and over again until they get it is a much healthier way to spend my time. 


Interestingly enough, “the guy from the snow cone stand” was there.  I really wasn’t sure if I’d ever see him again.  He had an old school camera with him and was taking pictures.  Apparently, he wasn’t at all what I thought he was the very first moment I laid eyes on him.  Before he started talking to me that day, I thought he was your typical frat-boy type.  I remembered being surprised by him that day as I was again today.  He told me that he skated every day when he was a kid and even competed in his teens.  Now he has a big job as some sort of consultant at a tech company in town.  I would go into detail if I comprehended what he did exactly.  Watching the kids skateboard helped him calm down.  He also had his dog with him.  The Timber wolf was quite apparent in the face and size of his companion.  Re-Run and he simply sat next to each other for the time that we were there.  His dog’s name is Jack and his name...(big drumroll) is Marty!!!!!  He will not be forever known as “the guy from the Snow Cone stand”!  No, he is Marty, marvelous Marty! We made a pack to meet there every once in a while!!!  Somehow, this excites me.  But I know that caution should be taken.  After all, we are really meeting so that the dogs can keep each other company.  Right?



Exiting T.V. Land

No comments:

Post a Comment