August 01, 2009

Hope, Texas

Hope, Texas: rocking chair and soda on a hot day

Well, we made it to Hope, Texas.  It didn’t take long outside the city for me to feel lighter.  The folks in Hope still sit on their porch and smoke tobacco pipes.  I saw an old man picking on a guitar.  I was stopped at a stop sign and he waved.  Then from the front porch of one old WW2-style house to another... somebody waved at me.  It was a nice break from the pace in town.  It was something straight out of a Blues documentary  you would see on PBS.  But nothing was real sad about this quiet town, at least not for me.  The trees seemed taller and the ground was healthy green.  There was one gas station.....  they still have a Slurpee machine!!!  I got a blue one for old times sake! haha Remember those?


Hope, Texas: quiet town
Re-Run and I bummed around town all day.  When the day was done, I didn’t feel like leaving so the waitress at the cafe told me there was an old motel “down the way”.  I figured,  “why drive back late anyhow?”.. So I got a room.  They were fine with Re-Run so that was cool.  She slept inside with me.  Funny she seemed more relaxed than usual and not startled so easily by every little noise.  It was nice to get away.  I even read some out of a book given to me a while back, The Four Agreements.  Now that’s not something I do very often.  It was the book everyone was reading last year.  I like the dedication in the front,
To the Circle of Fire,
those who have gone before,
those who are present,
and those who have yet to come.

I also tried my hand at writing.... not just rambling and blogging.  But really writing.  Prose-poetry type stuff.  I mostly wrote a lot of nothing and came out with a few good lines.  When I write something really good, I will share it.  For now, I think I will earn my dues. Don’t get your hopes up!!!!  Get it?

Hope, Texas: the burning tree


No comments:

Post a Comment