August 06, 2009

Mr. Sand Man Strikes Again

Mr. Sand Man Strikes Again: dream state 
I have never dreamt so much in my life.... or at least I have not woken up with much memory of dreams.  This last month has been out of my ordinary in many ways though and to be honest, I like having these vivid dreams.  I am accepting the changes that have come with age.  Re-Run has been more my keeper than I hers and I wonder sometimes if she is supernatural.  She slept at my feet again last night and was staring at me when I woke up this morning after yet another notable dream.




“THE PUDDLE” 
I spent the entire night hopping from one “hell hole” to another.  I was out on a dark night.  The stars were hard to see but peeped out from behind the clouds now and then.  I went to a party at a friend’s house..  it was all of the cats from a bar I worked at before I was even old enough to drink (legally).  The scene hadn’t changed much.  I looked around at the smoke dressed lights and the boys and girls....  I saw the train of spiritless bodies (watch starting at 6:45) head to the bathroom.  I got out of there.  I was in a panic.  The whole night was me just running from place to place... house parties, clubs and honky-tonks etc.  I could not find a place I wanted to be.  I ended up in a gravel parking lot staring over a puddle.  I saw an older woman with longer hair in the reflection of the shallow puddle.... I saw the stars too.  Then another lady grabbed me by the hand and began dancing around the puddle with me.  I realized somehow that she was also me and that we were God?  The sun came up and I began to walk. It was foggy and I didn’t know what road I was on or where I was going.  There was an intense estranged feeling.  I was suddenly hitch hiking and a car pulled up.  Kayla was driving.  We just looked at each other and smiled as she pulled up beside me.


Mr Sand Man Strikes Again: in the puddle

That’s when I woke up.  I know there was more... just can’t remember it all.  Maybe that’s why the collective “they” (those who claimed Freud) said we should write these things down as soon as we wake up?  (I LISTENED A LITTLE IN ALL THOSE PSYC. CLASSES I GUESS)




No comments:

Post a Comment