July 24, 2009

The Bad Bathroom Spaghetti Western

Well....  the music has lifted my spirits while I am still waiting for the Sun to show her face.  

THE BAD BATHROOM SPAGHETTI WESTERN: hopping trains


THE BAD BATHROOM SPAGHETTI WESTERN: under the hat


I have gone face to face with myself in the bathroom mirror a few times and it feels like a bad spaghetti western.  I have been contemplating the notion of depression and have to wonder if we perpetuate it by insisting that I am, You are, we all are Depressed.  The thing is... 

“You can’t run from yourself.”  Life is wild when a look in the mirror feels like a high noon draw, holsters at the hip and heavy spurs on the heel.  Elvis Presley singing some well known tune in the background as you meet yourself face to face hesitant to peek out from under your hat.  Is this depression or is it simply a new perception?

Re-Run is learning to “speak” and sounds like she is saying “I love you” a lot. I love her too! I have volunteered to take care of a neighbors bird this week and I think the two of them talk when I am out.(Just to add more strangeness to the scene, ha),  The bird is a Cockatoo and he is a hoot.  Strange Days.... These days are strange.  Me, music, a wolf-dog,a borrowed bird, and imaginary gun holsters hanging around my hips.  All the while, still an unexplainable longing to go somewhere or do something. 

Maybe it’s the weather.  Texas is so bi-polar.  She waits until everyone is parched and half-minded to turn to whiskey before bringing the rain.  Then when she brings it, the relief is mixed with confusion.  A little sprinkle here, a little sprinkle there.  Then boom, have some thunder and lightning.  This all tangled up with filtered sunshine, humidity and temperatures that get into the triple digits.  
(This has been your weather girl Rachel Perkins once again... BANG, BANG YALL)

No comments:

Post a Comment