July 18, 2009

Dreamsicle

Interesting day.

It was hot and sunny again.  Although some clouds have begun to move back in. (courtesy of your faithful weather girl, Rachel Perkins).

Dreamsicle: Time


I woke up early... 
before the alarm even went off.  So I made some coffee for everyone and left before they all woke up.  I thought it would be nice for them to wake up to the smell of coffee.   mmmmmmm  I love a good cup of Jo.



Dreamsicle: Jo
It wasn't too blazing hot 
(wearing my shorts and another tank) to go rollerblading down Avenue E before the city 
got too busy.  I took the wolf pack for a ride.....or should I say that they took me for a ride.  Ringo, Rascal, and of course Re-run are the dogs at the kennel with wolf breed in them.  The newest edition, Starr, still has some growing up to do before she becomes part of the roller blading excursions.  

I didn’t take them out yesterday with the others so I decided to let them pull me.  It has become a favorite past time of mine... And they seem to enjoy it.  I held on to all three of the leashes as they pulled me.  They are built for this kind of team work.  It was a blast!!!!  I noticed that the New Orleans Style shaved Ice trailer was open.  We stopped in for a couple, one dreamsicle for me and a bowl of shaved ice for them. They know us there. When I was sitting at the picnic table minding my own business...  enjoying my dreamsicle, a guy approached me. 


He seemed like your typical frat boy reject at first.  

Then he said he liked the dogs and that he had a timber wolf at home that was a rescue from Colorado.  He said that since he has gotten the wolf that he feels better about life.  That got my attention.  We talked for a good fifteen minutes and without really knowing me, he seemed to know me very well.  He slightly reminded me of my baby brother, Jon Michael and I have not felt that connected with anyone since Kayla.  He told me that he thought I was an old soul and that it’s okay to cry sometimes.  Geeeeesh...  he picked up on this thing that has recently revealed itself to me.  


Anyhow, I invited him to the party tonight.  But I have a feeling it’s not his cup of tea.  The girls are all getting ready in the other room.  I can hear them giggling and gushing over each others new dresses, skinny jeans and eighties styled t-shirts. I was going to get a new outfit today. Guess I forgot. I got plenty of garb to wear anyhow.  I hope the party goes well.  I really want to get my groove on and make another weekend count!!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment