July 12, 2009

Re-Run

SUNDAY, SUNDAY..... IT’S SUNDAY FUN DAY!!!  

It’s 8:13 in the morning and I’m up.  Don’t have to work.... but I’m awake.  Yesterday was relaxing and the ride home after mexican food to cure us of our previous night’s unintentional drunkeness (hey, we don’t want to get hit on, but we still let them buy us drinks, what can I say?) was soooo pleasant.  


Re-Run: Gaggy's Scooter
I love my scooter.  It’s one of several great gifts from Aunt Gaggy.  


Today is “easy like Sunday morning- think I’ll put that album on” kind of day.  I can tell already.  The coffee is extra delightful and I finally feel like I am getting back to my “old” self despite the new lines and recently discovered grey hairs.


There is a wolf-breed at work 


that I have grown attached too.  I have always gotten attached to the animals that come in... animals in general.  But there is something special about her.  I named her Re-Run and she is part of the famous “wolf-pack” (what all the gals nick named the group of wolf-breeds at the kennel).  She came in when she was a pup and I was the first to feed her, walk her and bathe her.  She shivered and growled some when anyone else would get close to her at first.  Now she’s a little over a year old and doesn’t growl at anyone.  

I have been thinking about bringing her home with me 




after an older woman came in the other day with her niece to look for dogs and asked me if I knew much about wolves.  I have learned things here and there just like with all the other breeds.  This wasn’t what she was referring to though.  “You know they pick you.... you don’t pick them”... then she grabbed her nieces hand and continued to look at other dogs.  On her way out she saw me playing with Re-Run and said, “Looks like she picked YOU.”  She smiled big.  They had adopted a little lab puppy and I’m sure that he was in good hands.  Anyhow, it’s been a minute since that lady had come in.  But I have been thinking about what she said every day.  



Today’s the day!! I am going in to get Re-Run and bring her home with me!!!!!  I guess I'll have to take my car...


No comments:

Post a Comment