July 11, 2009

Skating

Me and some of the gals from work decided to go take a load off.  The week was a hard one… busy and a bit of an emotional roller coaster as we all worried about Roth.  Then we got so happy when he came to and began to play again.  We also got several new strays in (one is a baby mutt with some wolf in him).  It just seemed to be a really heavy week.  So we went roller-skating at the old rink and then dancing downtown!  Man, did I need that!  

Skating: drinks! & dancing
Sometimes it’s just good to be with other girls/women and have fun.  Yes, that Cindy Lauper tune, stands true through the test of time.  Of course, men can’t help but try when a group of women are around.  But our motive in going out was not to be picked up or hit on... strange terms aren’t they?  What woman really wants to be “picked up” or “hit on”... Which comes first,  the hitting or the picking up.. 

THAT IS THE QUESTION.  

Sigh~  it was a blast last night. 

It was so much fun that this pounding headache is nearly justified.  Better get some greasy Mexican food before I return to the dark and dreary rabbit hole hungover!!!  I’m not sure if I remember who invented the American calendar.  But Thank Goodness for the weekends.  

I wish Kayla could go with us on nights like that and I hope that she is doing well.  It’s hard to let go of the few people I have gotten close with.  She would have had fun, fun, fun!!!  I still remember teaching her how to skate when she was a little girl.  Lol...  But she still can’t skate very well really!! Ha ..  Pretty unbelievable that she is all grown up and in Africa now. 

















 ~KAYLA.... IF YOU EVER READ THIS, I HOPE YOU ARE DOING GOOD ~XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment